Shame on the forecasters... we woke up to no snow on the ground this morning. However, many of the schools around central Arkanas cancelled classes due to the forcasted weather today. And good thing they did... we probably have about 2 inches of it on the ground as I am typing this.
Despite the cold, sleety/snowy weather this morning, I braved the elements to attend the Maumelle Blvd Wal-Mart Grand opening. It was quite a spectacle. Presenting of the colors by the boy scouts, national anthem, alot of talking and recognizing people, ribbon cutting by both the Maumelle and North Little Rock chambers and some ribbing from the NLR Mayor Patrick Hayes regarding getting all the sales tax revenue from the new facility when it's just feet from the Maumelle border. My opinion, Maumelle should have been more agressive in creating the right atmosphere for the company to locate inside their city limits.
It's been a slow day here at work. Central Arkanas shuts down when freezing temps and moisture collide. However, I did receive a call from a guy in California (65 degrees & Sunny by the way) regarding a building he owns in Little Rock. He's potentially looking to sell. I'll know more next week.
I received a text message first thing this morning from a friend in Springfield, MO. He asked if I heard about someone from our hometown being in a fatal car accident. After some followup with my mother and sister (a news reporter whose husband is a fire fighter) I found it to be true. An acquaintance from my childhood through my brother and also church was in a one car accident with his wife and kids. Both he and his wife were killed... thankfully the kids survived. The accident happened on the road that leads to our house and my sister's house in Atlanta. Something like this really makes me stop and pray for the safety of my family... and also remember the consequences of a few moments of distraction.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment