Thursday, March 6, 2008

The beginning of the end... in a good way. I received the fully executed purchase/sale agreement for the trailer park in Conway that will pay me more than I made in 12 months at my previous job. A major hurdle in getting the terms of the deal negotiated has been cleared, but a huge hurdle still remains... getting to the closing table. I am fortunate to be representing a buyer that I know has the ability to perform... and we're working with an educated seller. Considering those two factors, I think we have a better than normal chance of making it work. However, if I have learned one thing from this business - it doesn't count until it hits your bank account.

I attended the "Intro" leads group at the Chamber of Commerce today. This seems to be a useful group, and I saw a couple of familar faces within the business community. However, as with many meetings, the execution by the faciliator could have been performed at a much higher level. I am of the mindset that if you are going to be doing something already... why not make it the best it could be???

Surprised my lil brother today by picking him up from school. I scored tickets for the Cirque du Soliel for him and me. Speaking of the Cirque... I was absolutely amazed by the performance. Not because I envy their acrobatic abilities... but the absolutely perfection they dispalyed in the routine. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if I perfecting my speaking abilities or my sales skills to that level. Would people come from around the country and pay to see me perform? Probably not, but it would help pad my wallet.

Immediately following the Cirque, I attended the PCRC (Pulaski County Republican Meeting). Although I've been told that I "should" be there, I've yet to figure out why. Since the new board has began, I know things are getting done (recruiting candidates, precinct chairman, etc). However, they are being done on a one-to-one basis, not in a committee meeting. Let's get some purpose behind these things.

The weather men are predicting 4-6" of snow through the night and for tomorrow. My company's trip to Hot Springs is already cancelled, schools are already cancelled, etc. I fully expect to be snowed in tomorrow morning.

No comments: