I also began meeting with my mentor for Toastmasters today. We had a great 1 1/2 hour lunch and talked about everything from my upcoming speech contest to politics to the sales profession. I am looking forward to gleaning more information from him as we continue to work together.
My good friend has recently been in a complex situation regarding a job offer. Unfortunately this offer comes from a company who depends on my friend's current company as its largest customer... and on top of that they have been accused of recruiting away employees in the past. Long story very short... he asked my advice, I gave it, he disregarded it, now he's in a tought situation.

I feel like a new man today. After breaking the screen on my "touch screen" cell phone about 3 weeks ago... I finally was able to get my Alltel phone up and working today. I had to wait until today to avoid paying a fee to break my Sprint contract. Understandable, but frustrating. I've moved into the rhealm of the Blackberry... and will likely never go back. This thing is pretty amazing... GPS, email from all accounts, full keyboard, internet, wireless updates with my Outlook, etc. I'm still trying to figure out everything this thing can do.
I received a phone call from my sister tonight. Apparently my mom decided to go ahead and schedule my dad's doctor's surgery without letting us know. However, in her defense, she may have tried calling today. During the great phone switch of 2008... I could not receive phone calls for about 6 hours.

No comments:
Post a Comment