I typically do not look forward to the weekly sales meeting on Tuesday mornings. I usually have to report that I have still not sold anything significant. However, this morning was supposed to be different. I recently brokered a large land deal in Conway and this morning was going to be the big announcement! When my turn to report came, I said confidently, "1 under contract for..." The office manager cut me off with "did you get the fully executed contract?" Woops, I was still waiting on another signature. Luckily I didn't spill the beans about the commission amount. That's the big surprise. At least this gives me a chance to look forward to next week.
Jeff (the president of the company) and I have lunch every Tuesday following the sales meeting. A couple of weeks ago he introduced me to a small cafe inside the Harvest Foods store. We again visited that cafe today. Fried chicken, green beans, and sweet potatoes with a roll and sweat tea. That's hard to beat for $4.99. Discussions between Jeff and I typically stay business related, deals I'm working, prospecting, and questions I have etc. However, today I told him about my dad's doctors appointment yesterday. I wanted to open up with him and tell him about how I feel selfish for pursuing this profession when I could be making more money (now) somewhere else. However, I just ended up explaining dad's medical situation (I'm weak).
Unfortunately, my motorcycle has been sitting out in the weather ever since it starting leaking gas under the stairway at my apartment. My building got a nice little note saying "someone's motorcycle is leaking gas and smelling up the building, please move it immediately." So I did... into the parking lot... in the rain... and ice. Obviously, this is not good for the motorcycle... or me, mentally, because I know it should be covered. I finally had the opportunity today to take care of it. A great opportunity to take the bike to Dustin's presented itself... The only problem, it was 43 degrees. I bundled up... gassed up... and made the trip without incident... just cold hands.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment