Sunday, March 2, 2008

A quick 5 hour nap later... and I'm off! I left Hot Springs around 9:50am to make the 2 hour drive to my parents house in Atlanta. I arrived in Atlanta at 12pm on the dot... made a trip to Wal-mart to get a card for my sister, then headed home.

I beat everyone (except dad) home by about 15 minutes... which I used to prepare Lisa's B-Day card. I'm so bad at doing these types of things in advance. Which is really strange because I'm one of the most prepared guys you will ever meet. Maybe that the key "prepared guys" probably something quite different from "prepared girls."

Although Lisa's birthday was 5 days ago... this was the first opportunity for us all to get together to celebrate. This was something I took for granted growing up... assuming all families made a big deal out birthdays. However, it is something that I now cherish with my family... and do my best to keep the tradition alive. After the wonderful lunch my mom prepared, watching my dad struggle to eat, and giving Lukas dirty looks for not eating his food... it was time for birthday cake! I ate too much. 2 bowls of cake and ice-cream... for which I paid for later.

Not knowing what to get Lisa for her birthday... and not being in a situation financially to do much anyway, I bought her something off the wall... and a bit unique. It was something that I would have thought interesting, although I'm not sure she felt the same way. It was a DVD with 150 classic cartoons from Betty Boop to Popeye and everywhere in between. We broke it out following lunch while Mom and Dad were getting ready to head to Dallas. Two things I learned from Betty Boop: She was a little slutty... and you can't take a nap during her singings. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch a few episodes.

About 3pm mom, dad, and I left for Dallas. Monday morning would be dad's second visit to the MDA Clinic at Southwestern Hospital. We made great time... 2 hours and 40 minutes from house to hotel... checked in without a hitch... and hunkered down for an evening of extreme makeover home edition, oprah's "giving" debut, and some debut of a married couples show. It was actually quite enjoyable.

No comments: